Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ok, Citi....get your act together (take 2)

After 2 days of missing the UPS lady, I finally got the package from Citibank. (Yesterday, I jumped out of the shower when I heard the doorbell, but didn't get there in time. So I had a wet floor, a woken-up baby, and no credit cards.)

I opened the envelope today, and found only one credit card, with Will's name on it. Gaaahhhh! I called them on the phone, and the lady said they would gladly send me another card....in 7-10 business days. Or overnight, for a $15 fee. But I never asked to replace my card to begin with! I think there was something being lost in translation (literally), so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor fixed the whole situation, and also discovered that the first agent had activated my new card, without my asking her to do so. OOPS! So today Will's walking around with an invalid credit card. Maybe I should call and tell him?

So now I'm going to spend the rest of the day memorizing my new card number. Because I really don't feel like calling everywhere that we have automatic billpay set up to give them the new number. Another day.

At least this time, there wasn't an actual person impersonating me, buying Harley Davidson merchandise online!

No comments: