Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rome, day 1

Our day started a little late, but it seems like we saw EVERYTHING today! I am the good kind of tired right now. We found a fancy hotel with a nice guy who is letting us use the internet.

Today we saw the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, several beautiful churches, a panoramic view of the city from the top of a building, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, saw a really great street performer, had a very good meal at an outdoor restaurant on Piazza Navona, marveled at the sheer number of fountains, sculptures and other cool things everywhere you look, and walked our feet off. Tomorrow we head to the Vatican. There, you have to be dressed modestly (no bare shoulders or shorts) or they won't let you in. Here's the hilarious thing: Sean didn't bring pants, and after a fruitless search for affordable pants on Sunday when stores are closed, he decided that he's going to try to wear my pants (jeans). THAT will be a sight to behold. I have no idea how they will fit. I'll definitely take a picture, assuming they fit at all.

This is very fun so far...I'm looking forward to more good Italian food in the days to come. If I keep walking this much, there's no way all the food will affect the waistline.

Time for bed (almost). More soon, I hope. (Our hotel advertised internet access, but doesn't actually have it. Bummer.) Have a great day, everybody!

1 comment:

Brett said...

Sean in Amber-pants!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

this should be good.
I might even make a post about it
to get more widespread coverage.

-Brett