Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm here!

I am wandering around in London a bit today, not much time to see things, but it's good to not be in the airport! I walked farther in Heathrow today than I ever have in any airport...including O'Hare. It's so crowded in the airport; everyone seems to be leaving for vacation right now.

The flight was good; I am officially a fan of Virgin Atlantic. Very comfy, cool seat-back screens with on-demand movies (I watched Night at the Museum), games (Tetris! Need I say more?), a little bag with toothbrush/paste, socks, eye shades...and the food was pretty good, too. One nice discovery was that the drink carts actually have a full-service bar--even for those in the economy seats. So I had a cute little glass of white wine with dinner.

Will: I think Ralph Wiggum (or someone that sounds just like him) was sitting behind me. !!

Brett: I agree, it's really great to fall asleep on an overnight flight and wake up in another country. Definitely the way to go. Though I'm rather tired right now.

I took a few photos when we were approaching the airport; I'll try to upload shortly.

No comments: