This is going to make me sound like a nut, but last night I weighed a bunch of stuff on a digital postage scale to see if it's even possible to go to Europe with just one bag. I got to the 13-pound limit pretty easily, without any clothing (thanks in large part to my camera). So, guess I'll have to check something. Oh, well. (And no, mom, I'm not going to wear all of my clothes at once on the plane. Thanks for the suggestion, though.)
At least if they lose my bag, I get to go on a shopping spree in London. Granted, a self-funded one. :)
2 comments:
I don't know sis, they didn't care to weigh my carry-on bag at the airport. And I was even checking other stuff, so they were weighing one of my bags. You could just assume you can carry the thing on and then the worst case scenario is that they make you check it anyway. You still don't want to bring more than one bag right, or do you?
Yeah, maybe I'll be a risk-taker and try it. I'm planning to take a small 2nd bag rolled up in my backpack so we will have room for souvenirs on the way home--we can check stuff like clothes and toiletries in it, and if it gets lost, oh well. So the worst-case scenario is that I have to check that bag on the way there, too, with some non-essentials.
Post a Comment