Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby on the Move!

Elijah learned to crawl a couple of weeks ago, but it's just been in the last few days that he discovered he could go all the way across the room, instead of just to a toy a few feet away.  The other day, he was playing contentedly on the floor in his room, then took a look at me, turned, and crawled out the door.  He went all the way into the living room.  Today, he went from the living room, down the hall, through our bedroom and to the bathroom.  

One by one, objects on or near the floor are disappearing.  And I'm noticing how dirty the floor is, since I'm sitting down there all the time now.  Ehh, oh well.  I've lowered my standards quite a bit in the last year.

In addition to crawling, the little guy is starting to pull up on things.  Not quite standing yet, but getting there!  Between now and when he figures out how to open drawers and cabinets, I need to consolidate all of the dangerous stuff into a few places and install some locks.  I'm not going to go crazy and put locks on everything, but I figure we should probably keep him away from the cleaning chemicals.  

No comments: