I can't handle any more tragedy.
For whatever reason, this week I've stumbled upon blogs of several people I don't even know who have gone through the most unimaginable tragedies. Loss of a child....suicide of a parent...illness of a child...cancer...cancer...cancer... many are so very uplifting in their attitudes and their faith through it all. But I can't take any more of it right now.
Maybe because our own family tragedy is still so fresh, and creeps up on us at the most unexpected times (like today).
Or maybe it's because I'm so tired that I just don't have the emotional energy to cope with sad stories right now. I don't know.
Plus, this evening we watched a movie that we thought was going to be uplifting and heartwarming, but it was just heart-wrenching all the way through, and had a completely unsatisfying conclusion that left us wishing we hadn't watched it in the first place.
Whatever it is, I'm now going to seek out only funny things to read and watch. Call it escape, call it a break....I guess I just need to laugh!
3 comments:
The past few days emilie and I have been following what we thought originally was going to be a tragic story of one of her college friends. It has most recently turned into a Huge God story. Really a miracle.
Short version is a friend slid down the side of a hill while hiking in China. His foot got caught and he fell 25 ft into a ravine head first. Cracked his skull into 3 pieces and broke 2 vertebrae. Short end of it-after an donkey ride, airlift and two surgeries he has Full use of all body parts, remembers everything and should be making a full recovery (in a few weeks after he leaves the hospital)
That's a God moment.
Hey, Steve, thanks for the uplifting story!! Glad to hear that he's going to be ok.
I totally hear you on this one! I think especially after a personal tragedy, people can just get kind of "filled up" on the sadness in the world, and it can feel overwhelming.
I think your idea to seek out happiness and try to focus on that instead is a great one! Hope that helps. And they say laughing every day is really good for your health, too.
Post a Comment