Sunday, September 14, 2008
It has been a LONG day!
So sleepy... After a somewhat difficult night that involved moving our car away from advancing floodwaters at 2:30am, then having baby at home by myself while Will was at church, then having the power go out, I finally couldn't take it anymore and a friend helped us get to her place. It is great to get out of the house, be with other people, and not think about the sandbagging and power outage going on at our place!

3 comments:
you've had quite the last month, huh sis?
wow! is that part of the hurricane to hit the midwest? how did I miss that news? btw, it usually takes my kids a week to ten days to get over colds, but the worst is usually over in a few days. Isn't it awful to hear the breathing of a baby cold? Hope your little guys is feeling better soon
Yeah, it's been quite a ride. At least we are in a condo in the floodplain, not the townhouse in the floodplain that we were looking at buying years ago. Who would have thought we'd have 2 major floods in 4 years?
I don't think it was directly related to the hurricane, since our rain started before Ike made landfall. It was just the rainiest couple of days on record in Chicago.
Trisha-thanks for the tip on the colds. Yeah, I feel so sorry for the little guy...it is awful to listen to. I'm hoping he'll start to turn a corner soon since it's been about 10 days or so now. :)
Post a Comment