It's been fun to see friends old and new come out of the woodwork in the last few days to see if the baby has arrived yet. But no, I have nothing to report at the moment. According to the doctor today, I'm not any closer than I was a week ago. Which is rather frustrating, but I know things can change at a moment's notice. And since today is my due date, there are technically more than 6 hours before the baby is "late." Some friends of ours are going bowling tonight, and I might actually go--not to bowl, but to have something to do, and to be walking around a bit. We'll see, however.
Sometime after we call all of our family members with the news, we will probably be putting something on Facebook and possibly here to let everyone know. Once my mass-email list started approaching 100 recipients, I figured I should just stop and take advantage of Facebook.
...
Ha, ha... I am now watching 2 squirrels chase each other up and down the blackberry tree outside my living room window. Very cute.
...
Now, back to tying up some loose ends for work. I am starting my leave on Monday, baby or not, since the doctor said I shouldn't be trekking downtown every day. I couldn't agree more!
Have a great weekend!
6 comments:
Hope the waiting doesn't drive you too crazy! Being early for my two I can't imagine how difficult that would be. But I will be praying that the little Medel comes soon. Your doctor doesn't have plans on inducing, does he?
She just said they're not going to let me go more than a week past my due date, so if nothing has happened by next Thursday, they'll induce. But I have another appointment on Monday with some various tests...and I'm still holding out hope that something will happen in the next couple of days!
I hope you can find some fun things to do as you wait to take your mind off the waiting.
And I hope the baby decides to make an appearance soon! It will be so cool to get to meet the baby for the very first time. Wow.
Amber,
I have met two different people who could be helping you out shortly. This first as you know is my aunt Anne, the second is a woman that I ran into today. I showed her a house that she may rent and she recognized the last name. She works with my aunt at Lutheran General. Small world
We will definitely ask if your aunt is working when we get there! Small world, indeed.
Oh the suspense is aweful! I imagine even more so for you guys. Still thinking about you. I imagine you are busy. Maybe being induced today. We are praying for you and excited to hear the news!
Post a Comment