Tuesday, April 8, 2008

morning coffee

One of the Starbucks employees that I see every day just asked me if I'm having a baby....she noticed months ago that I switched to decaf, but didn't want to say anything. So I guess it's pretty obvious at this point, even through a winter coat!

Starbucks just launched its new coffee roast and its retro-looking logo (saw it on the news yesterday), and the place was packed today. Looks like their media blitz worked: there were probably twice as many people in line this morning compared to any other day. Crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was totally thinking of you this morning at my Starbucks. Especially since they mentioned the coffee of the day, Gold Coast, was from Chicago. Don't know what that means exactly though. I'm pretty sure the area is not known for its beans. =)
I'm excited to see the new logo as it hasn't made its way here yet.
Asking someone if they are expecting definitely is a risky thing so I'm not surprised even your regular baristas didn't bring it up. She's a smart gal.
Have a super day!