Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Will winter ever end?

I was officially sick of winter a couple of weeks ago, during our last snowstorm. So I was not thrilled to hear we were going to get another dumping of snow last night. Usually when I awake to everything coated in white, I'm like a kid again, excited that it snowed, even though I'm not going to go sledding in it and there's no possibility of a snow day. But today wasn't like that, and the snow only represented a potential sloppy mess that would require me to wear boots and lug around extra shoes. We've had so much snow this winter that it will be a long time before it all melts, but I'd settle for sunshine and dry pavement.

Ok, enough whining about the weather. I did choose to live in Chicago, after all. But around here, complaining about the weather is as ubiquitous as snarled traffic or Starbucks.

No comments: