I just had someone print out a Word document containing photos, ask me to scan the photos, and make JPEGs of them so he could put them in another Word document. No lie.
Not long afterward, the same person asked how to make a PowerPoint presentation into one of those "icon things" on the desktop--I said, "you mean, by copying the file there?" never had a laptop before, so I also had to explain that the files on our office network aren't automatically still on the laptop when you leave the office.
yes, i held back earlier, but i do feel sorry for these people who ask the questions, and of course for you. Although you do provide some smiles and joy that i don't have to deal with things like that. But i get even more interesting things in condos and such, only difference: everyone is emotional and worked up because "they pay the bills and pay us so we work for them".
"Sir, I am sorry you are cold, maybe you should turn on your unit heater." "Why should I do that? That cost money, the building should turn its heat up so its 75 in my unit"
it sounds a bit like me buying .wma music files online, burning them on a cd, then ripping them back to get a mp3 file i can play on my mp3 player. but now i just buy from itunes since i got the ipod.
5 comments:
I actually had a double take to make sure that your post said was what i thought it did. I will never stop being amazed at the simple things in life.
Not long afterward, the same person asked how to make a PowerPoint presentation into one of those "icon things" on the desktop--I said, "you mean, by copying the file there?" never had a laptop before, so I also had to explain that the files on our office network aren't automatically still on the laptop when you leave the office.
yes, i held back earlier, but i do feel sorry for these people who ask the questions, and of course for you. Although you do provide some smiles and joy that i don't have to deal with things like that. But i get even more interesting things in condos and such, only difference: everyone is emotional and worked up because "they pay the bills and pay us so we work for them".
"Sir, I am sorry you are cold, maybe you should turn on your unit heater." "Why should I do that? That cost money, the building should turn its heat up so its 75 in my unit"
it sounds a bit like me buying .wma music files online, burning them on a cd, then ripping them back to get a mp3 file i can play on my mp3 player. but now i just buy from itunes since i got the ipod.
Yeah, Trisha, I've had to do that, too. I've downloaded converter software and such, but that way is much easier.
Post a Comment