Thursday, October 18, 2007

Soundtrack of my day

A while ago, I started keeping track of songs that just make me smile when I hear them, and created what I refer to as my "happy playlist" on my iPod/iPhone. I've started listening to it in the morning on the way to work, while I work around the house, when I'm coming home from a bad day...it's amazing the difference it makes! Music has always had a big impact on me, so it makes sense. As far as what's on my playlist, I'm keeping it to myself because some of the songs are just goofy. And I wouldn't want anyone to laugh. :)

4 comments:

Dori said...

I totally know what you're saying. I think I especially need a "happy soundtrack" when I'm driving and taking the train to or from class. Sometimes I'm really in a bad or nervous mood before or after, and if just the right song comes on the radio, it can brighten my mood fast. Funny how that works so efficiently--it's pretty amazing. (And I don't think I'd share my playlist either!!)

I should really use my iPod more. Good idea!

Dori said...

I totally know what you're saying. I think I especially need a "happy soundtrack" when I'm driving and taking the train to or from class. Sometimes I'm really in a bad or nervous mood before or after, and if just the right song comes on the radio, it can brighten my mood fast. Funny how that works so efficiently--it's pretty amazing. (And I don't think I'd share my playlist either!!)

I should really use my iPod more. Good idea!

Dori said...

Sorry--my computer was slow so I accidentally posted twice w/out realizing. But look, now you have 3 comments! Yay!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Please, please will you send me the playlist titles? I don't hear much new music over here and sometimes kids songs are a bit too much. I will tell you embarrassing songs I really like. =) Wait, you probably rememeber I like the song, "I like Big Butts!"