Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not quite what I planned...

I've been on a home organization/rearranging kick for a while now, and today I decided to remove the coffee table from the living room.  It's rather sad, actually...it's a really cool table that I made myself out of an old door and some IKEA table legs.  I love that thing...but it was getting really unstable, and had sharp corners just waiting to injure Elijah whenever he starts moving around.  So we dismantled it, and it cannot be easily put back together again.  Someday, I will rebuild it, but for now we are going to store the pieces.  

I thought I found the perfect deal on a storage ottoman today (cheap to begin with, $20 off on sale and another $9 off because I found a minor defect), but when I got it home, it was way too small for the space.

So I have no coffee table, and no ottoman.  I really can't afford to spend the money on a "real" ottoman from a real furniture store.  So now I'm getting used to having nothing in this space.  It's not a terrible thing to have more open floor space.  Just not what I planned.  Oh, well!  

No comments: