Saturday, November 1, 2008
Do I really look that frazzled?
I thought I looked pretty good today. I mean, I showered and everything! And I was wearing clothes that were free of spit-up and drool. But for some reason when I was at Target today with the little guy (we went to the portrait studio) I was getting all kinds of sympathetic comments from people. "You've got your hands full, huh?" Several people offered to help me get him in and out of his car seat. And when I was almost back to the car, and older gentleman walking past said, "Don't worry, they'll grow up soon." Elijah wasn't even screaming, or all of this would have made sense. I didn't think I was stressed out, either (except by the fact that I had to pay full price for the portraits since I forgot my coupon). So the only conclusion I could draw was that I must look really tired or stressed out, by normal people's standards. I guess not sleeping for more than 3 hours at a time for 3 months will do that to a person, I don't know.
2 comments:
ha, ha, that's awful. I'm sure you looked fine, people were just chatty perhaps, and helpful. I know that I often have the dark bags though, if I don't get on makeup. But then I think we should embrace it as part of mommyhood.
No spit up though? Amazing moment!
Yeah, he's been spitting up a lot more lately for some reason...so having a shirt that didn't have anything on it was a big deal. :) Good idea about embracing the "tired look!" I'll have to work on that.
Post a Comment