Sunday, October 26, 2008

"He's so huge!"

At church today, it was fun to see a whole bunch of our friends...some of whom I haven't seen in a while.  And they hadn't seen Elijah in a while, either.  Quite a few people commented on how big he's getting.  I think he seems to look different every day.  He has so many facial expressions now that it seems like every picture we take is different than the last.  It's really fun to see him learning how to communicate, making faces and sounds.  I know it'll be a while until he can actually talk, but hearing his gurgling noises is still pretty fun.  

He turns 3 months old next Saturday.  How time flies!  The following Monday he has a doctor appointment and we'll find out just how big he is.  I keep having to remove clothes from his dresser that no longer fit.  I had to go buy some more sleepers for him.  His PJ's were getting too short, but now he has enough of them, at least in his current size.  But I somehow doubt that the 3-6 month size is actually going to last until he's 6 months old!  It's really amazing to watch a tiny human being grow literally before my eyes.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Elijah. How is he doing sleep wise? Hope about you?

Anonymous said...

Um, make that how about you? I am getting more sleep than my typing would indicate. Ha, ha.

Amber said...

He is nowhere near sleeping through the night, but at least I've settled into a rhythm of feeding him every 3 hours. And we have a great routine during the day---usually a good napper. :) I'll have to talk to you sometime about how you got Danny's schedule worked out. A full night's sleep sounds wonderful. :)