Thursday, June 5, 2008

I had a close encounter with a Segway...or a near miss, whatever you want to call it. I stopped suddenly as I was walking down the sidewalk because I was about to cross the street. The guy swerved out of the way and I was quite startled. It was so quiet I had no idea it was behind me. They're pretty cool. This was the first time I'd seen someone other than a cop or a tourist riding one.

Wow, I need some sleep! I haven't been sleeping very well or very long. Goes with the territory, I guess!

3 comments:

Dori said...

That is so random! I've never seen one of those things out when I've been walking around here in Denver. I think they're kind of funny. :) If the thing is so quiet, you'd think they'd have a little horn or bell or something to warn people that they were coming up behind you. Hmmm . . .

Amber said...

They probably do have some kind of horn...people are just a little crazy. Now the crazy Chicago drivers have taken to the sidewalk. :)

Dori said...

That is truly a frightening thought. :)