
So, I'm not usually the first person on the block to get a new gadget (though I always wish I was), but this time around I lucked out. My employer got me an iPhone (and they're going to pay my cell phone bills). So what if the intent is to keep me better connected to office email? It's very cool. There were a couple of glitches in the set-up and activation process, but overall it's really easy to use, and it is going to be nice to check my email on the train on the way into the office.
8 comments:
Hey, Amber. It's Dori Moerer from good ol' CLHS. Anyhow, I've seen you post a few times on Sarah Weber's xanga site and so I came and checked yours out. (Your trip to Europe looked really amazing, by the way!)
The iPhone looks pretty cool. How cool that your work is even paying for it too! My husband John (a HUGE Apple fan) is always talking about their latest greatest creations, so the iPhone is of course the next thing he's got his eye on. . . (gulp!)
Hi, Dori! I've seen your posts on Sarah's Xanga. Good to hear from you! Yeah, the iPhone is cool but I don't think I'd spend my own money on it (unless I had a lot of it laying around).
Where are you now? I hope you've had a good summer. Talk to ya later! (So far I have a very low threshold for iPhone typing:-)
I hope the new toy err work tool is fun or um helpful in increasing your productivity.
Yeah, I don't think I'd be very good at typing on tiny iPhone buttons, either--I'm sure it'd make me go slightly cross-eyed after a while!
So, I'm livin' out in Denver now. It's really feeling like home finally and we're making some goods friends. It's been a great summer--nothing too big going on, but I did get to take a little summer vacation with John, my mom/dad, two sisters, and brother-in-law, so that was a major achievement! (We even managed to have some fun doing it, too. Ha ha) You can come check out my xanga blog anytime (www.xanga.com/doriannmoerer).
Hope you're having a great day! Bye for now. . .
iPhone...i'm trying really hard not to release the wave of envy. i hope you enjoy it. and yes i wouldn't get one unless i had piles of cash lying around. although you can get a refurbished iphone for 100$ off. :) check out www.tuaw.com they have apple news and often talk about 3rd party apps for the iphone and other info / updates.
Thanks for the comment! Thanks for the link, too; I've been searching various iPhone forums for help accessing my Exchange Server calendar in iPhone calendar (got mail working via IMAP). No luck so far. I'm not typically an early adopter, so this is an adventure for me. I'm sure they can do all sorts of things via firmware updates and add-ons, though, so I'm not too worried.
It's really funny, I feel like the kid in elementary school who just got the coolest new toy that everyone wants to play with. Except that I never really was that kid. So THIS is what it's like! I'm happy to share the joy, though. So if you want to come visit me, you can use my iPhone. :)
That's awesome! I don't know much about it, but I did see that if you tilt the phone, the screen changes its orientation. Yeah for you!
Thanks! It's a really fun little toy. I mean, work productivity tool. :) There's a really cool demo video here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html
Post a Comment