OK, this is ridiculous---it's snowing...in March! That or there was an explosion at a styrofoam packing material factory. Either way, I was NOT in the mood to be hit by white stuff while walking in to work today. I am completely ready for spring to arrive.
Part of my problem, I imagine, is the barrage of ads for spring clothing, spring sales, "install your pool now--summer is just around the corner!" and all the kids and college students currently on "Spring" Break. (The misnaming of this particular vacation from school is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, but that's another conversation altogether.)
I know, I know, I live in Chicago, where the biting winds can attack at any moment year round. But I am moving in two weeks and I have been secretly hoping that I wouldn't need to wear gloves and a hat to load the moving truck.
Enough whining for now. Time for another 24-ounce cup of hot coffee...mmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment